Monday, December 19, 2011

Let the baking begin!

Although I have to work this week, unlike years past, I still plan on getting as much baking in as possible. It wouldn't be Christmas if my house wasn't filled with a million different kinds of cookies, bonbons, Christmas bread, and new to the menu this year.... CAKE POPS!!!! I think I might be in love with cake pops.

Naturally I don't eat all of this by myself. I have plenty of help. My mom and I normally team up and give away baskets to our family and close friends.

So as a warm-up to the week, I did a little baking at work today. One of the many benefits of being a nanny is that I can bake all I want and then leave behind the goodies for others to eat. Much better for my waist line then baking at home.

This morning when I asked the kids what they wanted to do they replied "Bake treats for the neighbors!" They apparently got lots of goodies from different neighbors over the weekend and wanted to reciprocate. Very sweet of them. We made these delicious cookies that I saw in Sunset Magazine a few weeks ago. They are called White Christmas Dream Drops.



Mmmm.....If you like peppermint and white chocolate, you'll love these. They're almost a cross between a meringue and a pavlova; hard on the outside, but a little bit soft when you bite into them. Delicious! I hope their neighbors like them. I think they may have made the list for baskets this year. Any cookie that you have to bang the crud out of peppermint candies for is alright in my book.

So now that I'm all warmed up what's next?.....

Cake pops of course! I have a Christmas party at my dance studio (I take tap if you didn't know) tomorrow night and I promised one of my little dancer friends that I would make snowman cake pops. I'm looking forward to it. I bought some fun stuff to accessorize them. Like oreos for top hats, sunflower seeds for noses...well, you'll see. I'll take lots of pictures and give you all step by step details in case you want to make your own.

Stay tuned. Lots to come in the next week.

It really is the most wonderful time of the year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment